BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Ambient light coding

04-26-2024, 07:56 AM   #1
klepic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Ambient light coding

Hello all,

I have factory ambient lightning with multiple colors. I coded different colors with Bimmercode which actually replaced first color in the menu (Bronze) with Maganta-Red/Cyan-Blue (I chose these).

However, in the menu is still says it is a Bronze color (although it's Red/Blue). Is there a way in HU to change some coding so instead of first option Bronze, to show Maganta-Red/Cyan-Blue?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 12:06 PM   #2
Sam_M550i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

That is a question I have also. I used Protool to change the ambient lighting colors, so easy. My thought, since I am a software guy is that it should be possible but at the same time those titles might be hard coded and not designed to be changed. Basically I am not sure if there is a menu in expert mode somewhere to edit texts.
      04-26-2024, 03:39 PM   #3
Perplexitivity
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 540i xDrive

Had the same topic with some coders and everyone explained me that there is no chance to change it. Would be great to change this, but I accepted that not every setting can be modified in the control devices.

Eibach Pro-Kit // M Performance Kidney Grille // M Performance CF Mirror Caps
M Performance CF Front Splitter // M Performance Side Skirt Extensions // M664 & M786 Rims
Appreciate 0