BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing Ac leak

04-02-2024, 07:28 PM   #1
steelwillszn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 540i

Ac leak

I have a 2018 bmw 540 for about a year and some change. I noticed every time i would run my ac my passengar could feel the passengar floor getting wet. I finally took it in after multiple passengars told me that i noticed a common pattern so i decided to let the ac run one day and noticed it too. Theres no visible leaks so i took it in the dealer said it could be the distribution box which im guessing is the evap box, drain hose leaking, or the ac condensate drain/ retaining ring for the condensate drain. I have extended warranty i was told the drain is considered a seal so that will be covered and the evap would be covered. They said its 4k to diagnosis it which means taking out the whole dash to find the problem and fix it whatever it is. Im just scared what if it is something else and im left with the 4k bill i rather just trade in the car and get something else at that point! Has anyone had this problem or know this problem!
Appreciate 0