BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > I think that the M2C will be faster than an M4

05-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #67
Hameed
Private
Rep
Drives: AW F87 M2

This is the end of the current M4 cycle expect a new model soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSurge View Post
Ordered a 6 speed. Wrong.

It’s obviously significant - same engine, less weight. The M4 has just been rendered obsolete.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #68
IncredibleNewt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleNewt View Post
This seems rather defensive. He can't speculate, same as you are? People in this thread are seriously trippin' out that he even would speculate that the M2 Competition could be quicker with a tune? God forbid. The immediate reaction to him posting his thoughts and opinions was hostility. I had assumed this was a forum for adults.
Dude, in what universe is someone speculating when they are sure of something. Many people read posts to learn things. If a statement is made, it can be questioned without assumption of hostile intent. Don't drag your issues into this.
I'm obviously not talking about you, but others. Immediately calling him out as a troll is questioning his statement without hostile intent? That doesn't make sense.

Also, I have issues because I question the reasoning of why another forum member is attacked? Makes sense.
Appreciate 1
MSurge83.50
      05-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #69
thesaintjameshotel
United_States
Rep
Drives: f87 m2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This seems rather defensive. He can't speculate, same as you are? People in this thread are seriously trippin' out that he even would speculate that the M2 Competition could be quicker with a tune? God forbid. The immediate reaction to him posting his thoughts and opinions was hostility. I had assumed this was a forum for adults.
Dude, in what universe is someone speculating when they are sure of something. Many people read posts to learn things. If a statement is made, it can be questioned without assumption of hostile intent. Don't drag your issues into this.
I'm obviously not talking about you, but others. Immediately calling him out as a troll is questioning his statement without hostile intent? That doesn't make sense.

Also, I have issues because I question the reasoning of why another forum member is attacked? Makes sense.
Maybe you should try reading his posts.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #70
IncredibleNewt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaintjameshotel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Again, which are all speculation and based on tuning the vehicle. Until concrete testing occurs, why does it matter. So why get your panties in a bunch over what is simply speculation and opinion? Calling him a troll does nothing to forward the conversation.

You may not have called him a troll, but you are certainly the guy who was arguing with him in the previous thread, then came here to do the same, with no intention of contributing to the conversation other than calling MSurge out. Let's not play dumb.

I'm done with this. This thread has gone way off topic, though I too contributed to that.
Appreciate 1
oolas3388.00
      05-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #71
thesaintjameshotel
United_States
Rep
Drives: f87 m2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaintjameshotel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Again, which are all speculation and based on tuning the vehicle. Until concrete testing occurs, why does it matter. So why get your panties in a bunch over what is simply speculation and opinion? Calling him a troll does nothing to forward the conversation.
I didn't call him a troll—one of the others did.
That's again maybe why you should read his posts.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #72
MSurge
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp/2015 AMG C63 507

Most of you are maure adults, which is nice to see.
Some of you seem very sensitive.

I’m posting in the M2C forum, and I paid for my car which is on its way. So I’m not a troll.
I do believe it will be faster than an M4. There were reports that the original M2 was just as fast 0-60, so the C will probably be faster, 0-60.
Appreciate 1
oolas3388.00
      05-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #73
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Why do you think an M4 is faster than the M2? Same engine with the M2 being only a few pounds heavier.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #74
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Why do you think an M4 is faster than the M2? Same engine with the M2 being only a few pounds heavier.
I assume you mean the M2 competition version... the regular M2 is a different engine and definitely not as fast in a straight line.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #75
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Right, but you can't get an N55 one anymore, can you?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #76
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Stock v stock the M4 is faster in a straight line. Look it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #77
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:
Stock v stock the M4 is faster in a straight line. Look it up.
I'm speaking of the M2 Comp, being what's available now. I'm aware that the discontinued N55 M2 was slower than the M4, but that seems irrelevant in a conversation about (what I had assumed was about) the current cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #78
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
I'm speaking of the M2 Comp, being what's available now. I'm aware that the discontinued N55 M2 was slower than the M4, but that seems irrelevant in a conversation about (what I had assumed was about) the current cars.
Not to me as I am looking at buying used
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 08:48 PM   #79
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:
Not to me as I am looking at buying used
Looks like used M2's are only about $5k under sticker. Seems like negotiating a deal on a remaining, new N55 one would be easier, still have free maintenance and be a good bit cheaper than a CPO one. Or spend the extra $7k and get the Comp with the S55.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #80
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
The m2 CS is heavier than the m4 and has less HP, so I'd be suprised if it wasnt slower

Wish I was in the right tax bracket for a new C8 (well, technically I am but not with a mortgage and family, lol)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #81
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Quote:
The m2 CS is heavier than the m4 and has less HP, so I'd be suprised if it wasnt slower

Wish I was in the right tax bracket for a new C8 (well, technically I am but not with a mortgage and family, lol)
It is a little heavier, but I'd suspect the reduced power is a marketing thing, not reality. If it's slower, it likely won't be a material difference. My interest is that to my eyes, it's better looking than the M4. But the M3 looks better than either to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:54 PM   #82
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
It is a little heavier, but I'd suspect the reduced power is a marketing thing, not reality. If it's slower, it likely won't be a material difference. My interest is that to my eyes, it's better looking than the M4. But the M3 looks better than either to me.
Agreed, it looks better than the m4 from some angles. But at 58k base plus all kinds of fees it's just too expensive for me to consider, plus the crazy waiting list. If it was closer to 50k base I'd take one over the ZL1
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #83
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:

People are still arguing whether the heavier M2 cs is faster than a base M4? LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #84
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:

People are still arguing whether the heavier M2 cs is faster than a base M4? LOL
Not faster, just likely not materially slower either.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #85
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Not faster, just likely not materially slower either.
Ok, granted
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 05:04 PM   #86
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Why is an M2 Comp heavier than a base M4? Knew it was heavier but first I'm hearing of this specific comparison.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 06:44 PM   #87
beppeM3+123d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

Ahahah ahahah
Are you joking?!!most of m4 are 460 cv here in Europe... not so simple to beat with 50 cv less and basically same weight
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 07:39 PM   #88
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
Ahahah ahahah
Are you joking?!!most of m4 are 460 cv here in Europe... not so simple to beat with 50 cv less and basically same weight
I think the poster was insinuating that the M2 Comp may be detuned on paper only. We'll have to see what the dyno reads. I would not be surprised if it were the case that the S55 in the M2C makes similar power to a base M4 despite the specifications.
Appreciate 0