BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions just ordered my new 530e!

10-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

just ordered my new 530e!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Currently driving a 2016 330e. Will be replacing it with a 530e as follows:

Bluestone metallic paint
Mocha Nappa upholstery
leather dashboard
aluminum rhombical trim
19" wheels
Driving assistance package
Driving assistance plus package
Dynamic handling package (soft for when my wife is in the car, firm for me alone)
luxury seating package
M Sport Package 2
Executive Package
heated steering wheel
power rear sunshade
harmon kardon sound system
apple carplay
wireless charging
night vision with pedestrian protection

Now the wait starts. November production.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
marsb007
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Currently driving a 2016 330e. Will be replacing it with a 530e as follows:

Bluestone metallic paint
Mocha Nappa upholstery
leather dashboard
aluminum rhombical trim
19" wheels
Driving assistance package
Driving assistance plus package
Dynamic handling package (soft for when my wife is in the car, firm for me alone)
luxury seating package
M Sport Package 2
Executive Package
heated steering wheel
power rear sunshade
harmon kardon sound system
apple carplay
wireless charging
night vision with pedestrian protection

Now the wait starts. November production.
The BMW Build your own no longer allows for the Luxury Seating package. Was your sales consultant able to add it anyway?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Congrats, it looks like a nice configuration
      10-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsb007 View Post
The BMW Build your own no longer allows for the Luxury Seating package. Was your sales consultant able to add it anyway?
A good sales adviser ignores the configurator and works off the ordering guides. That is what my sales adviser did. Then. for kicks, I tried to come close to it on the configurator. The configurator did come close. Using the ordering guide, the luxury seating package is still available.

What I did find was that using the executive package and the MSport package, they already had everything that was in the lighting package and the parking assistance package.

So use the ordering and pricing guides and you can still get most of what you want (inside the ordering guide there are limitations. For example, once I selected the msport version, I was limited to something like 6 external colors (the same limitation that the configurator shows).

There are also some quirks in the configurator. When I selected the Driving Assistance Plus package in the configurator, it said it was removing the active driving assistant and subtracting $900 but it didn't actually subtract anything and apparently it wasn't supposed to.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #5
marsb007
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:
A good sales adviser ignores the configurator and works off the ordering guides. That is what my sales adviser did. Then. for kicks, I tried to come close to it on the configurator. The configurator did come close. Using the ordering guide, the luxury seating package is still available.

What I did find was that using the executive package and the MSport package, they already had everything that was in the lighting package and the parking assistance package.

So use the ordering and pricing guides and you can still get most of what you want (inside the ordering guide there are limitations. For example, once I selected the msport version, I was limited to something like 6 external colors (the same limitation that the configurator shows).

There are also some quirks in the configurator. When I selected the Driving Assistance Plus package in the configurator, it said it was removing the active driving assistant and subtracting $900 but it didn't actually subtract anything and apparently it wasn't supposed to.

Steve
Yes, my consultant told me to ignore the configurator. They work off the order sheets, and it's available to order with no issue, despite not appearing in the configurator. All is good again...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

Steve
If I'm not mistaken Driving Assistance Plus covers everything in Driving Assistance and more. So, I'm surprised that it didn't remove Driving Assistance once you selected the Plus.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
If I'm not mistaken Driving Assistance Plus covers everything in Driving Assistance and more. So, I'm surprised that it didn't remove Driving Assistance once you selected the Plus.
I think it removed it but not the dollars associated with it. My order sheet shows $1700 for ZDA and $1700 for ZDB. And that makes sense. ZDA is the old stuff (lane change warning, etc.) and ZDB is the new stuff (ACC, lane assistant, evasion aid, etc.).
Appreciate 0