BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530e cooling fan won't shut off

05-15-2024, 10:20 AM   #1
sdwebay
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

530e cooling fan won't shut off

Hey everyone, first-time poster here. I own a 2020 530e. Lately, I've been encountering an issue where after returning from a drive, I plug the charger in upon reaching home, and the fan kicks in. It continues running for hours, causing a spike of about 20 degrees in the garage temperature above ambient; I either have to unplug it, or open the garage door to vent the heat.

A couple of years back, I had it serviced for a similar issue, and they attributed it to some type of temperature sensor or software fault. After that service, the problem disappeared. However, it has resurfaced recently. It's currently in for service again, but this time, they claim they can't detect any problem. Interestingly, they're not replicating the conditions by driving it first and parking it in an enclosed garage. Also, they seem to have overlooked checking their own records regarding the prior problem and its solution. I'd appreciate any recommendations on how to proceed from here. Thanks!
Appreciate 0