BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Ticking / Clicking problem when turning at low (parking lot) speed

05-02-2024, 10:36 AM   #1
pavelkolev71
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i XDrive 2017

Exclamation Ticking / Clicking problem when turning at low (parking lot) speed

Hello guys this is my first post here. Welcome to everybody! So I have a BMW g30 540i X drive and the car is at 120,000 kilometers.

The problem I'm having is that when I am turning to each direction at slow speed like when I'm in a parking lot, the car makes a fairly loud ticking noise or you could say a clicking noise. I believe it's coming from the front of the vehicle. I also think it does it only at certain degrees in terms of steering.

There are no issue codes. The gearbox shifts smoothly and everything runs fine. No problems with power or steering or braking or anything like that. I have brand new tires sports package and they've been balanced.

I am wondering where this issue might be coming from. The car was imported from Canada to my home country so I can't tell you when this has started to happen. It's been a problem ever since I bought it.

I really love to get some support from you on this matter. I have attached a video with sound below. You see that on the video I am driving backwards and this is because for some reason this is the best showcase of the problem when we were recording. Usually it happens when I go forward but it seems that the problem is not related to the direction you're going.

https://youtube.com/shorts/r84Jtq-zR...lTCEkZdAqPLFmE
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 07:28 AM   #2
Sam_M550i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Could be anything from strut mount to something not being torqued correctly or steering rack. Mine was the steering rack.