BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 - Driver Assistance Restricted

11-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
rishenp
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: 740Le 2017 - G12

Exclamation G30 - Driver Assistance Restricted

Hi Guys

My G30 (530e 2017) started giving me an error.

It displays an error on my instrument cluster "You can cont. driving. Driving stabilisation." & also the "Traction control" sign start displaying when this happens.

On the main center display it says "Driver assistance restricted" & when I go in to see the "Affected systems" it displays the following are not working.
1. Pedestrian alert.
2. Front-end collision warning.

Apart from this when this error comes up (every-time I drive it comes up within few mins) My steering doesn't work well, if the car is on full electric mode it starts not using the battery and start using petrol (battery doesn't discharge anymore), cruise control doesn't work (even though everything else like volume & call answering works on the multifunction steering), auto-hold doesn't work & when i race & take my foot off the acceleration the revolution on the engine doesn't come down like other times.

I took this to my agents & after plugging the scanner they told me it's a steering rack issue. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong ?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
Jim-Bow
First Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

I think you've answered your own question. Im sure theyll replace the steering rack under warranty though

(You should probably delete your duplicate post in the steering wheel thread btw)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
rishenp
Sri Lanka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bow View Post
I think you've answered your own question. Im sure theyll replace the steering rack under warranty though

(You should probably delete your duplicate post in the steering wheel thread btw)
I guess thats the only answer. I will post the reply here once I know the solution and what the agents do.

Submitting new post was restricted so I had to try posting it their. Now someone has replied and if I amend the post it will not be professional ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 04:51 AM   #4
rishenp
Sri Lanka
Rep

This issue has been sorted even though it's funny what they had to do. They only had to do is clear the moisture of one of the sockets.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #5
swordfishunter
Rep
Drives: x3

Machan im having the same problem, where was the socket?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 03:40 AM   #6
rpecas
Registered
Austria
Rep
Drives: G31 BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishenp View Post
This issue has been sorted even though it's funny what they had to do. They only had to do is clear the moisture of one of the sockets.
Hi. I had the same problem yesterday. Let my car in the Workshop. What do you mean with "sockets"?

Can you explain better please?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 09:31 AM   #7
klepic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hey all, sorry for bumping this one.

I bought 5 series 2018 and have the problem with ACC sensor. I contacted previous owner and he said he never had that problem apart from 2 or 3 times when there was snow.

Also, yesterday before ACC "Driver assistance restricted" related issues (it pops from 3-6 different things) I just overcome due for replacing rear brake pads. They should be replaced 50 km before.

Can the warning for due of replacing brake pads cause failure of ACC system maybe? As I said I drove the car normally without the ACC issue until I reached service due and previous owned sweared he did not had that issue and he did not hide it from me and I believe him.
Appreciate 0