BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Driving profile upload online problem

05-13-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Lightbulb Driving profile upload online problem

Hi guys, anyone else had an issue trying to upload your driving profile to your connected drive account?

From within the car I’ve exported the profile to a USB, then I tried to export online. It then asked for username and password, with an auto login check box. Every time I enter my correct username and password if fails asking to check details and try again?

Needless to say I gave up in the end trying? Anyone successfully done this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

no. what are you trying to achieve as such. Is it just a backup?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ok, so once you’ve uploaded your personal profile to your connected drive account and you jump into any other connected drive enabled BMW, all your settings download to that vehicle Including stations, iDrive settings and most importantly seat positions...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

ah I see.
I know its not a fix for this as such, but does saving to USB achieve the same for you (I know its not quite a high tech and seemless).

assume the car you are trying this in is another 5 series? Not sure if model has a bearing on matters.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Are you sure you're entering the correct name and password? Try resetting it.

You can reach out to them through the following as well. I'm actually going to call them once I get done seeing patients this morning because I had a few questions regarding the 3d remote view as well as navigation updates.

by email: customercare@bmwassist.com

by phone: 1-888-333-6118 (24 hours a day, 365 days a year).

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Have already got the USB stick back up sorted. Yes another 5 series.

Not tried resetting connected drive password yet as in my experience if I do this I’ll end up with Fk all working then

Worst case I’ll use the USB to switch the profile to the new car once I’m sat in it.

I’ll also, for shts and giggles call connected drive helpline to see if they can spoil my day
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 04:04 AM   #7
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Managed to sort this out in the end, as mentioned above, I got fed up of putting a complex password in, so changed it to something relatively simple, reset, rebooted and tried again.
Managed to log in and upload my profile to the connected drive cloud, can now see it in the portal as well.
Test will be when I get the new vehicle to see if the profile downloads, will keep you updated
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      05-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Good! Glad it worked thus far.

Keep us updated.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #9
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Forgot to update this thread, it worked flawlessly. All seat, mirror settings, radio stations etc etc etc.. all downloaded from connected drive online straight to the car! Brilliant!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:32 AM   #10
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK - 421 View Post
Forgot to update this thread, it worked flawlessly. All seat, mirror settings, radio stations etc etc etc.. all downloaded from connected drive online straight to the car! Brilliant!

Appreciate 0