BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications BM3 Tuning

08-28-2023, 06:32 PM   #1
Sav0101
Rep
Drives: 530i

BM3 Tuning

Hi,

I have got a 2020 530i bought from dealership but no access to previous owner.

It is got BM3 Tune, Any idea how can i access the tune ? and also access the factory stock tune file ? If i have to flash stock then what can i do ?

I contacted BM3 and they said they can do much until the previous owner cant send them request to change account login.

Any thoughts about what I can do ?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 09:12 PM   #2
BWilson263
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i - 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav0101 View Post
Hi,

I have got a 2020 530i bought from dealership but no access to previous owner.

It is got BM3 Tune, Any idea how can i access the tune ? and also access the factory stock tune file ? If i have to flash stock then what can i do ?

I contacted BM3 and they said they can do much until the previous owner cant send them request to change account login.

Any thoughts about what I can do ?
See if the dealer can flash your vehicle back to stock. Then you could purchase a BM3 tune and flash your vehicle if you wanted.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 08:09 AM   #3
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

If you bought it from a dealer, pretty sure they’d be required by law to flash it back to stock for free. The basically sold you a vehicle with modified/disabled emissions related equipment. How did you discover it was tuned?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 08:10 PM   #4
Sav0101
Rep
Drives: 530i

BWilson263 - I dont think i can go to stock as it has got a high flow cat with ipe exhaust system in their so that will most likely throw a CEL.

weinerbarn - The dealer told me it has got a BM3 tune. then i got it checked from a tuner too and he said it has a tune and most likely stage 2.

The car runs fine but i just want to have access to it If i want to change anything.

I also had to put stock airfilter and remove the open pod filter due to legal requirements. The tuner said to me that has no affect on tuning and car is running fine. I assume he is saying correct ?

Also, i guess if i buy BM3 licence, that will give me access to stock tune, tune it currently has and able to flash tune? If it is got a tune i think the DME is unlocked and only locked by BM3 ?
Appreciate 0