View Single Post
      09-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #27
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2000, 718 Spyder, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
Hopefully this result will make BMW realize that real drivers and enthusiasts can't be fooled by hype. You can't just stick an off the shelf engine and a poorly tuned chassis utilizing M3 suspension bits into a 1 series and call it an M car.

This was BMW first experiment to see if people will pay for an M car that lacks the specialization and commitment to excellence that once defined the brand. BMW is testing if they can spend a small fraction of the resources that would have been needed for proper engineering instead on advertising and hype ... and seeing if a larger profit margin can be obtained.

Many are drinking the Kool-Aid, and that's what I would expect of the "fake" experts most auto-journalists are and the sheep most buyers are. I'm grateful Motor-trend had the balls to hire an actual professional who can come out and drop a dose of reality; that a pig with lipstick on it is still a pig.
well bmw's "experiment" worked pretty well since every car is sold and many at big markups so I'm guessing everyone was just fooled :roll eyes:

and yes randy pobst is the only "expert" out there. The funny thing is in the videos of his reviews he only says good things about the car
Appreciate 0