View Single Post
      12-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #7
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

The clutch is a good bit stiffer than stock, but honestly, not as bad as i expected. The engagement point is pretty small, its a lot more on/off than the stock clutch, but its really only an issue when driving really slow (pulling into a parking spot, going over speed bumps, etc...)

The gears do make a good bit of noise when the engine is at idle, and the clutch is engaged (pedal not pushed it). It goes away if you push in the clutch, or raise the engine above 1k rpm. This is to be expected with swapping the stock flywheel to lightweight single mass flywheel. Its the flywheel not the clutch, just so everyone is clear. Here is a video showing the chatter mine doesn't seem as loud as his, but i also have a louder exhaust, so that may be covering it up some.

I still have an exhaust leak from the install, so this next problem could be attributed to that, but when im cruising on the freeway, and i completely let off the throttle, there is a very very low frequency vibration, its not bad, it feels like driving on the rumble strips on the side's of highways (the things that are supposed to wake up sleeping drivers before they plow off the road), but not nearly as severe. I've noticed it, some passengers haven't. ymmv.

The clutch is still in its break-in period, so i'll update this thread again once i am able to be a little rough on it.

My check engine light is also on, not sure what it could be, as i only disconnected 3 sensors iirc, the 02 sensors, and the speed sensor on the tail of the transmission. I'll get around to checking it, but im bumming it on the couch with ice on my knee today.

If you guys have any questions about the install or driveability, don't hesitate to ask.
Appreciate 0