swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Daily Driver - will continue to be my EVO, going for a mileage record!

Track - Honda S2000

Luxo-cruiser - M3 (or C63 )
Sure the new M3 will be luxurious but not exactly Aston, Jag, Bentley, MB, etc. The original question is even quite odd to me,

"So question for you track junkies. Since the new M3 has officially made it's entry as a "luxury - sport" car, what will your next DD/track car be?"

I find it absolutely baffling that the M3 is not a good enough DD even for a track junkie. My medium modded E36 M3 is hardly a focused nor dedicated track tool and it is still way too loud and uncomfortable for a DD. From what I have read thus far it seems the boys at M have done best what they always do - COMPROMISE. Making a car just as potent on the track as it is pratical and useful as an everyday DD. Who is calling close to (maybe under) 8 mins flat at the ring, 0-60 in the very low 4s (M-DCT) and 0-200km/hr in the 15 s range not sporty enough for a DD? .

Last directly to Hans: Must be wonderful to have a small stable of cars to choose from including the "wifes" P-car as well. But I just can't see making an Evo your DD over the M3 and also labeling the M3 as your "luxo-cruiser" as clearly neither are among it's stongest points. I think it is almost embarrassing to buy an E92 M3 as a "luxo-cruiser". Since I enjoy and agree with most of your opinions posted here and note that you certainly have great tastes, I must just be confused or misreading your intent. I suspect if you saw that particular label attached the the M3 in isolation you very well may question it as an appropriate label as well.
Appreciate 0