m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs View Post
I've had 2 M3's and I'm leaning towards the new M4 when my current lease is over in 12 months but....although heavier, I'll take a look at the M6 and test drive it as well. I love the look of that car and the engine is a beast even though it hauls the extra weight...

I realize this is the M4 forum but has anybody here truly considered or drove an M6 or has seriously thought about getting one ?

I have a year to decide so any comments would be helpful...
You have to decide what you want and that will determine what to do, but certainly dont drive or even sit in the M6 unless you are a serious buyer, you'll not want to see anything less after the fact.

The M6 is certainly a beast, and you have to want to drive such a car each day because you'll be paying for it. I loved mine for the near 4 years I had it, but I was ready for a change after since at least in the S85 M6, the car was a true raw beast. It drove and sounded like such a monster that every day you drove it like a beast which = trouble. That gets to the crux of the decision, while the M3(M4) is awesome, it drives differently and you cant get around that. The M6 is big, and even though the M4 has grown, so has the M6, and you will feel the difference.
I dont think too many really cross shop though, as they are for different purposes, the M4 can be a great daily drive and track rat, but the M6 is pure luxury with crazy performance, and a bit of status for some.

Certainly anyone considering the M6 can consider the M4 based on economics (or crossshop as noted above), but usually its a different type of client, probably looking for some exclusivity as the M6 affords you that for the price of admission.

As for me, I'll be looking at the new M3 and M4, along with the 4er GC in a few years when Im ready for my next ride, but probably wouldnt consider the M6 at this point as its all down hill once you've owned the S85, no matter what the performance numbers show on the new car. BMW will never be able to replace the feeling that a NA V10 provided so I just got to pick something that feels good and remember how great it once was
Appreciate 0