04-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #13
ghost4blind
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
The way I see it, there's a couple ways to go. If you want to frequently be able to remove it so there's no plate at all, the tow hook is unfortunately the only way to go. Just don't rear end anyone with a tow hook plate in, as it is screwed into some pretty solid frame like metal behind the bumper (hence why you can tow your car from it). Could probably really damage your frame by transferring energy through the hook.

I used to run a non drilled braket on my previous E92. It's this little bracket that uses washers and bolts to attached onto the lower center bumper intake mesh. Then the plate comes up above it and displays right where the factory plate mount displays the plate. This is not a piece that is quick to install or remove, so you'd in essence be running it all the time. Kind of a pain also at car washes.

This is why I just mounted my painted factory plate. I just had to stop caring.
Is this the bracket you mentioned you were running on your previous e92?
http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml
Appreciate 0