11-10-2014, 01:09 AM   #20
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj89h View Post
bought my car with a VF620 kit already installed on it. The kit had seen about 10k miles of of usage before I got the car and I've put on 7k miles since without any issues.

I will mention that the sound of the gears clacking in the supercharger housing at idle is pretty loud... to the point where I thought there was an issue with the unit. It prompted me to send in the charger unit to vortec (the makers of the v3 charger in most of these s/c kits i.e. ess vf etc ) for inspection and they said everything was fine. FYI this inspection / service that includes replacing of the bearings/seals runs about $400

I'd also like to point out that software is very important like others have mentioned. I ran the VF tune for about 800 miles before I decided it was just too rough for the street. The idle was too high and the timing was very advanced. I was willing to sacrifice slightly in performance but gain reliability going with a retune. If anyone wants information on who I had tune the car feel free to PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Installed ESS 625 when car had 800 miles. Have 23,000 miles now. Many track days, and hundreds of airstrip pulls beyond 150mph. Upgraded to ESS 650 somewhere along the way I don't remember exact mileage, but it was simple just a new tune, pulley system and injector upgrade.

Not one issue with my car. Nothing. Runs perfect all the time. It's my daily driver but it still gets out to stretch its legs occasionally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Evolve E600 kit. 3500 miles on it so far, 51k miles on the car. 2 roll race events with it so far. Its been flawless...no issues, lots of fun. Get a supercharger, it makes the m3 even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomz_M3 View Post
VF540 with BPM tune for 7k miles, zero issues. I was able to pull on a stock M4 today with this setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
ESS VT-1 550. Originally 535 but upgraded to 550 when it was available.

Installed SC when M3 had 6K miles, now has 30K. No problems ever including over 40+ track days.

Replace Engine Oil and SC Oil every 3K miles. Blackstone Report trending on both, no issues.

4 years later and now I am replacing the rubber hoses/belt as preventive maint.

SC and don't look back!
Awesome info guys! Proves supercharging is pretty much the best thing you can do for these cars!
Appreciate 0