12-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #9
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclowd9901 View Post
Got a chance to do a little rainy track driving when we did our Euro Delivery, at Spa Francorchamps no less.

As you can see in the video, I could feel the understeer at times if I was too hot into a corner, but because I kept TCS on, the car refused to put any power down until I turned it at least to MDM. Which is when I almost slid out...

That said, I think the car is very manageable in the wet, as long as you're kind to the throttle. I'd keep it in sport or efficient throttle; sport + is too touchy to allow you any light control.
That was a cool video. And yes - I kept DSC on the whole time in the driving rain - track instructors were good about reminding us to stay on the outside of the turns in the wet instead of clipping the apexes - the only times I had traction issues were when I either forgot to turn wide and clipped the apex as if it were dry, or alternatively when I tried to get back on the gas too early on corner exit.... After watching your video in the rain, I could see how MDM vs. full DSC makes a difference in the wet!
Appreciate 0