12-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
dclowd9901
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim635csi View Post
dclowd9901, nice flick ! What is the clicking sound there, paddle shifters ?
Thanks! The clicking sound was some loose item I had in one of the cup holders. I can't believe I didn't notice that at the time. I must've been laser focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Very cool video. Interesting you felt like you were going to still lose it in MDM mode. Seems opposite of people here are saying that it cuts in to fast on US spec cars. Did you feel like it would of let you spin out or did it cut in and stop the slide?

I liked your quick narration during the slide

OT. What made you drive up to that track? Cool to see a different track posted than the usual ED ones such as Nurburgring etc. and before anybody jumps on me there is obviously nothing wrong with Nurburigring. Would love to do it someday myself.
Ha, yeah, that "narration" was more of an involuntary reflex from fear of offing a brand new car

I actually planned most of my trip around a public day at Spa. It's a beautiful track, and an amazing one with crazy elevation. And to your comment, I enjoyed it far more than Nurburgring, though I was clearly out of my element.

As far as MDM cut-in goes, my understanding (from the CA at the Welt) is that it will let you spin out the car as long as you don't let up. If you let up, the car senses that and cuts in, so people who are experiencing the cut in are probably modulating the throttle a bit more before as they approach the car's limits.

Last edited by dclowd9901; 12-28-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0