View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M-Sport 6MT 335i

First time BMW owner here...

As the the title states, this is my first BMW and am loving it thus far. After looking for a 335i off and on for roughly a year or so, along with researching all issues and what to look for, I purchased my 2007 E90 M Sport this past July. The car pretty much met my requirements (6 speed manual, black, black interior, oil cooler, sport package).

I looked at 335's ranging in price from low teens to mid 20's, ready to pull the trigger on the right one. This car had 103,800 on the clock when I purchased it from the second owner. He had owned the car since roughly 40K miles and had every BMW maintenance record for every single little thing.

I had read throughout the forums about how purchasing a high mileage 335i is "a bad idea". I then took in to account future maintenance costs of finding one with lower mileage as well. With this car, pretty much every high-cost, long term, maintenance requirement had been met (Water pump, thermostat, turbos, the list goes on...). One thing I found interesting though, is that amidst everything the previous owner told me he had replaced or had fixed, I asked him about the hpfp history on this car, and he told me he never once experienced an issue with it. Which from the information I've gathered, it was hit and miss as to which cars really had the issue and which cars did not.

Coming from a big Lexus IS background, as far as working on the car, everything seems just as easy to work on if not easier (oil changes, spark plugs, access to VANOS solenoids etc.) than the IS. So far it has been a great car and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. It is all stock, but I made my first move and installed a Cobb APV3 Stage 1 Aggressive tune back at the beginning of November, and am having a blast with that. I was highly active on the my.IS forum so I'm sure I'll be on these BMW forums all of the time now!

Just a couple of pics I already had on Facebook. There will be more to come eventually. (Excuse the Picasso grade artwork on the tag)

Last edited by RedLeather; 01-27-2015 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: Adding Photos
Appreciate 0