View Single Post
      05-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #13
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Why is that? Why don't the engineers program the electronics back in after takeoff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell_1 View Post
Good question, I cannot say definitively. All I know is that all traction controls must be disabled to evoke LC, and when I launch it will sometimes (not all the time, sometimes I get perfect launches) fishtail all the way to 60-70 mph. If there are still behind-the-scenese nannies (like McLaren) occurring to keep the car on the road that is news to me. Doesn't feel like it...
That's simple. The laws of physics
A really perfect launch with that much power and torque needs the true weight distribution. In case of McLaren the mid mounted engine helps to transfer more weight to rear wheels at launce with ~42/58 weight distribution (front/rear). Porsche 991TTS is at the same boat but even more backward weight distribution (39/61) because of rear mounted engine + AWD. GTR has front weight distribution (55/45), but that amazing AWD helps the perfect launch. In case of M5/M6 the weight distribution is 52/48 and there is no AWD engaged to correct the traction. Meanwhile non of those cars transfers that much torque to rear wheel, because they don't need to do (since they are light). M5/M6 are heavy and need more torque to take off quickly and that's why S63TU generates over 550 lb-ft torque and then DCT provides 4.81 gear ratio (at first gear) along with 3.15 axle ratio to transfer over 8000 lb-ft torque to rear wheels at launch... Audi RS7 is very similar to M5/M6 (as far as weight and torque) and still front weight but is AWD so can launch much better than M5/M6 but not as good as GTR or 991TTS or Mac because of heavy weight...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0