Thread: 2015 Z06 Lz3
View Single Post
      05-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #25
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

The vented seats are excellent and I find myself turning the fan speed down so as not to get too cool. I have the Competition Seats with the suede inserts, not the full leather seat btw.

I don't roll race so can't give you any kind of definitive answer BUT: this car, (mines an A8), pulls like hell. I was stuck behind a slow poke in the fast lane the other day who was doing about 60 mph in a 70 mph zone. I pulled over and floored the accelerator which was one of my first times doing so due to break-in requirements, having the MPSC2s warmed up, etc. and holy Christ I about peed my pants! The transmission dropped down multiple gears incredibly quickly, the S/C Clutch engaged much faster than I can remember the M5's turbos spooling up at Interstate speed and the car just took off! I was at 110 mph with the exhaust just booming away before I got my damn foot off the gas and slowed down before I went to jail. It was an impressive display of (almost) instantaneous torque and a very rapid car. This type of acceleration is difficult for the M7 version to manage until after 5th gear in the A8 when the ratios favor the manual more than the Auto.

I am off to a road course with the car at the end of June and will have some PDR video from that event that I can share with you all if you'd like.

Bish
Appreciate 0