lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
No disagreements there. It just was the only one that didn't have a "hockey stick" and many were still insisting it's there. Now that you've spoken and confirmed, a new round of better renderings is sure to come soon.
I couldn't care less if there is a hockey stick or not...I'm just praying that we get a proper sports suspension option and not the crap that is offered on the F10. I had an F10 with sport package and adaptive dampers + ARS and it was awful. No resemblance whatsoever with my E60 with sport package and ARS which was awesome. Please BMW give us back the five we loved, the car that handles like a bigger 3 series and not wallow down the road with total isolation to the road like a small seven or Lexus...shudder.
Overall, there will be many different suspension options on the G30, starting with steel springs and adjustable dampers, rear axle air, and 2 axle air. Of all the models in BMW's lineup, the 5er has the most ground to cover.

What will be offered in the US to start with has already been decided for the most part, but there is still time to make changes before the first order guides are locked in.

My prediction for first year:

530i - Standard Steel Spring with adjustable dampers, optional Sport Package with lowered ride height (-10mm) the latter separate or included with MSport. Integral Active Steering Optional.

540i/530e/540d- Standard Steel Spring with adjustable dampers, optional Sport Package with lowered ride height (-10mm), separate or included with MSport with no cost delete. Optional Adaptive M Suspension on MSport with rear Axle Air Suspension/steel spring front with firmer dampers and lowered ride height (-10mm). Integral Active Steering Optional.

550i/540e - Standard 2 Axle Air Suspension. MSport with firmer damper tuning, integral Active Steering Optional, Autobahn Package Optional.
Appreciate 0