Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Thanks. Used the code and saved $10. Still, they ripped me a new one on the shipping cost.
I should follow up. We were talking about Fracture, a company that mounts prints directly to the back of glass. I ordered a "Large" print and the shipping was just under $25. I must say that the packaging is the very best that I've ever seen. There's lot of extra space around the glass and print and it's suspended within the outer post with a custom packing system. No cost was spared in that regard. Given that, I think that the shipping cost was reasonable.

Now that I'm talking about them, I wasn't happy with the print itself. I chose a print with lots of color depth in blues, greens and browns. I've printed it before, myself and also had My Publisher put it in a vanity book of a trip we took. The processing was done on a calibrated monitor and all the other prints look like my screen, but the Fracture was kind of toned down and looked almost like it was drawn with pastels. I didn't go back and forth with them to try to fix it, because I decided to simply do my on prints and mount them in Plexiglas wall mounts. As they requested, I used sRGB colorspace, but that isn't any excuse. The sample below is sRGB.

The image was taken through a window screen, so there's a bit of softness caused by that, but Fracture further softened and homogenized it. Here it is:

View from our window at Westward Sudeley B&B by David Stephens, on Flickr

Just looked at the print again. It's not even close to what you see here.