clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
It is nonsense for it is a precursor to the expansion of stupidity generated by social media. Anyone can act like an untrained Chimp and get a social media account and all of a sudden they are a personality.
It is nonsense about the 2000 era BMWs also as they done the job to move BMW ahead of its competitors and bring forth intelligent conversation about design.
And it worked. The E60 has the ability to turn heads even today because it still looks fresh. Same goes for the Z4 which is becoming a modern classic.
Design was not only pioneering but opinionated. It changed the entire industry.
BMW had to change it was a risk, a risk some may never forget about and its a risk no one else today will ever take.
I agree with this. It was innovative and daring German design which is very unusual among the car companies since they tend to be as conservative as Bavaria. Unmistakingly BMW and German with their Teutonic/Bauhaus styling but the change was huge from the E39, it really was a very different and fresh design and the E60 is a great handler as well. Nothing from the competition came remotely close in driving dynamics not even their 3 series segment cars could match it IMO and their cars of that era looks Stone Age today while the E60 looks rather fresh still. The Z4 also fixed the fugly Z3 and made it something a man could drive.
Whatever anyone's view of the bangle era cars no one can deny they are striking. They seem to age better than other brands (with the exception of the 7er which looks the emoji ?). I don't deny that pre bangle cars are attractive but something about this era, in particular the e90 I think will become very appealing as they approach classic age
Appreciate 0