03-26-2017, 03:56 PM   #83
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I know what you mean. Their question was "are you buying today?". When I said I was still assessing my options he said he would only give his bottom line when I was ready to buy.
He actually rang me last week at 19.30 and left a message asking had I done anything yet!
When i was invited to the open day back in October I couldn't get a salesman to talk to me on the day and they never followed up on what I thought. This despite bugging the s##t out of me to go.
Doesn't beat my experience with a prominent VW dealer in Limerick... We have a Golf R Sport (with only a 1.4 engine) which our kids share. It hadn't been driven for a while so I took it for a spin to make sure the battery was charged etc and called into the dealer, figuring that since is a 08 it might be worth an upgrade. Wandered around the showroom and after an interminable period sales guy asked could he help. Yes, please, interested in. New Golf 1.4 Tsi R Design. Handed me a price list. I said I know the prices, what's the cost to change? Blank expression... I have a trade in, I said. Another blank expression... It's parked outside I suggested...OK, have you the keys? (no, it teleported here I thought)....he returns within a couple of minutes and says he will talk with manager and call me...which he does next day, quoting me against a 1.6tdi ( obviously a stock car ) but about 5k less trade in class compared to real value. I pointed out that (1) he didn't quote the car I wante and (2) his trade in value was way off the market. He kept calling asking was I ready to deal until I cited data privacy legislation and waned him to stop annoying me, holy shit, where do they learn this stuff? I told home on the second call that I would have grave reservations about buying a Volkswagen given the diesel gate scandal but that did not prompt any customer satisfaction line...
Appreciate 0