Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
I can tell you most of these asian teen who buy loaded 40i cash, regret it in about one yr. I know many of them. I am one of them
You're right, some do regret it but I know many who don't. The M550i is no M but once you make the jump to the M5, you're mostly making the jump for the chassis tweaks. I mean someone could say they need more HP and torque but for the majority, the 456HP and 479TQ is more than enough.

I see the same with the M240i and M2. Depending on what you option on the M240i, the difference between that and the M2 isn't that large yet I still see many choose a fully loaded M240i over a M2 which is available on the lot.

While we would like to think that those who have the financial means would always buy the most expensive trim/model, there are others who are more rational and practical and aren't going to buy just because they can. Heck, a doctor who makes $200k annually, purchased a 320i. Not a 330i or a 530i but a 320i.
8 speed ZF and MDCT are so different. Of course this is car geek talking. Not everyone has money is car geek. So many asian girls buy M4 wrap it pink, never put in all sport plus, never rev up over 4000 rpm.
Appreciate 0