View Single Post
      06-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #28
911Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptoManiac View Post
With "the fan" you mean the fan that is cooling the coolant of the engine?

So basically, your engine cooling is failing and the "smart" car is trying to help cool down the engine by disabling the AC. So the problem is NOT with the AC, but with engine cooling (which is worse). :-(
I spoke with service again to gain a better understanding of the issue.

Yes, I mean the fan that cools the radiator is the fan they think is experiencing a voltage issue.

I say think, because they cannot confirm at this point a voltage issue in the car. However the car "thinks" it has a voltage issue and is drawing power away from the AC. They are not sure if this will solve the issue, but perhaps when they change the fan the car will "read" it correctly, or if there is an actual voltage fluctuation the new fan will not have it.

Let me be clear, the engine has never overheated or displayed any indication that is getting hotter than normal operation temps.

I mentioned there was another car with the exact same issue in the shop. Its a 540i. BMW is having them do the exact same fan swap on both, however I guess mine is the guinea pig to see if it works. If it does then, then they will repair the 540i the same way.

Base on other things I have noticed with the car, I just feel there is something off with it.. maybe software or electric. While I hope that this does fix my issue, I just am not too confident it will.
Appreciate 0