View Single Post
      08-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

'Other' UK options post sales (service pack, GAP, etc)

About to place an order for a G30 530i M Sport. Which means the dealer's Business Manager soon will try and tempt me with other options...

This will probably be GAP insurance, plus Tyre insurance (and all other similar); Service Pack (I think they only do the 3-year one now?) and some kind of paint protection.

GAP and Tyre I will source myself - but would still appreciate any feedback on what to look out for.

My current car is a company car and the dealer has always kept the service paperwork from me (in case they let slip the discount the leasing company got); so have no idea of current costs for 'normal'/planned servicing. For reference, it was done at c15k and c33k miles and no brake pads were changed - just oil and some filters. I'm planning on 12k miles per year.

It will be on PCP and I'm not an obsessive about detailing; but would still consider some kind of paint/interior protection. Assuming they cost £300-400, would I be better off looking for a detailer and how much would that be?

All feedback will be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0