02-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #14
cartaozinho
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 (G30) M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyfish007 View Post
I still don't have a boat yet. My dealer confirmed the car is at a port waiting on a boat. There is conflicting info on my car finish date. Originally BMW Genius stated 1/19, but my dealer said today it was not done until 1/24 and there was a hang-up. I think in reality the definition of done just might be different as BMW Genius said my car left the factory on 1/24. Either way I am at 9 days since it left the factory. I want on a boat!!

Your car sounds like it will have a classic look white on black with stock wheels. You will be a sleeper!
No boat yet...that sucks! At least it's Code: Otis Redding!

When my car was in production I called the production status line a few times and was also told two different dates for completion: Jan-16 and Jan-11. I never believed the Jan-11 date. But it's weird that we both got two completion dates with five days separating them. Something glitch in their system?

I was able to predict the boat my car got on. For east coast deliveries I think it's a bit more difficult to predict -- For west coast bound cars it seems that W&W are the only shipper.

My intention is to further cement my car's sleepiness by de-badging. I'm even thinking about re-badging with a 530i trunk decal...
Appreciate 0