06-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #37
mdavis3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Does this CA issue happen anywhere or only in certain locations? If only in certain locations, you might be dealing with a strong radio transmitter causing interference. TV and Radio station towers can cause this type of issue.

if happens anywhere, read on...

Stealership likely doesn't want to replace key because bmwna asks for warranty parts to be returned. There have been cases where NA rejects returns parts and charges back dealer.

Talk to shop foreman, or service manager. Ask them to open a Puma case. If they're unwilling to help, find another dealer. If that's not an option, ask for an appointment with the field service rep. In many major markets the rep visits dealers 2x per month.

Tint would not be of any concern for the issue of key not detected when sitting inside car and trying to start it. The CA antenna that looks for the key is inside the car, I believe near the steering column. So, tint has nothing to do with this specific key detection issue.

You likely have a bad keybob, bad module, or maybe your istep level needs upgrading. the G30 has had it's fair share of software bugs.
It happens anywhere. Since I told them I wouldn't accept that the tints are the issue. I haven't heard back from them. My car has been in there for about 6 days now. I plan on calling tomorrow if I don't hear anything today.
Appreciate 0