Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertrashjr View Post
I am well aware. Just a you requested a color that comes on other 5-series for $550, they told you it would be 5k. These parts all come on other 5-series with m-sport and I have to buy them after the fact. We are purchasing/leasing the most expensive 5-series and we have to spend even more to get colors they offer on the less expensive trims. Please tell me you understand now!!
Nope, can't say that I do!

Your direct quote was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertrashjr View Post
I requested all cerium grey trim in gloss black. Can’t do that, they say..... why not?
And my response answered that issue insomuch as they can do it for you!

Now, if you are unhappy about BMW charging for things that you feel should be free and/or included, I can't say I understand your feelings towards that, either.

As a car company (and a pretty damn popular one at that), they make choices to build the cars the way they want and the way that makes sense to them. There may be a lack of understanding on your part as to why, but you're one individual dismayed by the choices.

As their consumer, it's your choice to take it or leave it, as is, or pay additional to have things customized the way you see fit. The point that they even make the options to do so available is very nice, imo.

It's now your (or my) choice to pay for different available options if we want them. In my case, I chose not to because I thought it was a lot of extra money for a small perceived benefit. But I didn't fuss over it and expect them to do so for me because I am purchasing their "most expensive 5-series." It is what it is. Sure, there might be a lack of understanding on my part as to why it costs so much, but again, I am not going to expect them to just do so for me at my whim.

And you shouldn't, either. If you truly "can’t wrap (your) head around some of this," perhaps you should show your consternation by choosing not to buy their product at all.

Last edited by Cougar85; 09-03-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 1