View Single Post
      11-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #14
ncryptd
Rep
Drives: m550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno 27 View Post
Does the car still drive the same? Better? after this service? That's my concern... don't want to see a decrease in performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno 27 View Post
Does the car still drive the same? Better? after this service? That's my concern... don't want to see a decrease in performance.
Got the same letter. Took it into dealership about 3 weeks ago. They had it for two days.

TLDR - they replaced the oil lines for the turbos and updated the DME. I had to restore a few iDrive settings. As to performance - absolutely no difference noted. Still as fast as ever

Details:

One of their master technicians came out and showed me what they inspect, replace, perform, etc.:

1. Inspect oil line for each turbo - apparently the non-braided (rubber insulated) lines have a possibility of leaking over time. If they find one they will replace it with a braided line. He inspected mine in front of me and found I actually had one of each. How odd! Even surprised him.

2. Inspect a small gasket right under the engine cover for some liquid residue(coolant?) - If they find that it means something needs to be replaced. I can't remember what would need to be replaced since he inspected it in front of me and said it looked fine, but said it look like white salt around the gasket and it would be very obvious.

3. Will update software version in the DME - he did not have any additional information and said they don't really get details on what's included, just that it needs updating.
Appreciate 0