View Single Post
      12-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
stroker15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328I Sportline

Bavsound Speaker Upgrade and BavAuto speakers same??

I just did a pretty major upgrade to my sound system. Got me an Audio Control DM-810 DSP. The Audison Bit DMI to convert and feed the digital optical signal to the DSP, and a couple of Pioneer amps. The 4 channel and the 5 channel amps. I also got the Earthquake underseat subs. Car sounds amazing with the stock speakers.

Anyway, I was working on upgrading my speakers and decided to go with the BavAuto Euro Audio Design speakers. I was thinking they would be cheaper than the Bavsound Stage 1 Upgrade at $900. Not exactly..

First I bought the center channel and tweeter, for $140. I get the box and it says designed and engineered in the US but nowhere on the box does it say where it's made. Also, there's no address or company information on the box for Euro Audio Design.

I tear open the box and I'm hoping to find a spec sheet for the speaker since there are no specs on the BavAuto site, and no specs on the box. Nope there's no spec sheet at all. No idea what the speakers are rated at or what frequencies it can handle.

Then I started thinking. Hmmm... These look familiar. I pull up the Bavsound page and the pictures on there of their stage one system, the speakers look exactly the same. I try to find specs on the BavSound site and again no specs.

Then I start thinking that I must have gotten my "off brand" speakers for much less than the amazingly marketed Bavsound speakers. Well I did the math and the full system from Bav Auto would cost the same.

So the speakers cost the same, both have no specs online anywhere that I can find, and they look exactly the same, down to the same dimpled woofer cone and colors of the plugs.

Now I could be wrong and they may not be the same, but I swear they look identical and cost the same. If they are the same then the benefit to buying them from BavAuto is that you can buy them in stages. You can buy just the center channel like I did and then save up for the rest. With Bavsound you have to drop the full $900 for the full set. They don't sell the speakers separately.

I'm hoping they are the same. If anyone knows please let me know, but it looks real suspicious.
Appreciate 0