View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #4
skip2mylou123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggeezer View Post
No way that's a firm price. There's some people on here that got pre-owned 2018s at low-50s in the fall of 2018.

Their price is definitely higher than market. I would target 53-54k as the maximum I'd pay for a used one now. Keep in mind that it's already a 2 year old car in terms of model years (~15% depreciation per year) and dealers are offering steep discounts on their remaining new 2018s (~7% discount off MSRP and $4,500 BMW Canada credit, 2.99%/1.99% lease/finance) to move them off the lot.

Perhaps it was the season but I kept tabs on the M2 market in Canada throughout winter and none of them were moving off the lots. Most of them have been sitting for 4+ months and supply seems to be pretty solid now so it is a buyer's market.

Don't fall for their sales tactic. You just have to figure out if the car ticks all the right boxes for you and be firm with what you're willing to pay for it. If they're not willing to budge, just walk away. Either they'll chase you out or you'll find another car (out of all 3 model years of the M2, BMW produced the most 2018 models).
Hey thank you so much for this!

Just wondering, where did you get the info on 7% off msrp and 4500 credit? I went to 2 bmw dealearships and they told me they barely have any 2018s left...and in terms of price negotiation they were willing to only offer 3000 off. Is the 4500 bmw Canada credit from the manufacturer and is something they should automatically apply if I ask for it? And then negotiate the 7% off separately? Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0