View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #109
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
I feel tracking the delivery progress in too much detail, such as nautical mile by mile of Ro-Ro ships, increases the wait anxiety.
I for one will never custom order a European car again......the delivery time is very long and boring. Next time gotta find something off a dealer's new car lot, without being too fussy about minutia such as a "perfect" trim/seat colour coordination etc.
I hear you! The problem with BMWs is that there are endless combinations of color coordination, packages and options. And as far as M550s there are not that many available on dealer lots, at least from what I have seen near me. Of the 3 dealership lots I visited, I have seen maybe 6 M550s in the last 4 months. The only one which wasn't black on black was a customer ordered car which they decided not to take delivery of.

As for me, if I am going to spend this much money on a car and I have the option to get exactly what I want, I will custom order it, unless I need a vehicle ASAP. And I usually keep my cars long term.

Anyway, congrats on the new car and enjoy it! My M550 got off the boat this weekend so should be here soon as well.

Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50