06-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I've found the rear end to be softly sprung even in the Sport shock setting and made the front and rear axles feel at odds with one another as the front axle feels fairly well controlled in the Sport setting.

I recently added Dinan springs, 5mm spring spacers, and bump stops to the rear axle only and it made a MASSIVE difference in body control. I can't understate the difference. The axles now feel matched in control and gone is nearly all the bobbing/bounce on the rear axle. This is the way the car should have come from the factory.

When I removed the rear adaptive shocks, I tested their rebound manually and they gave no indications of being worn. Mine are 3.5 years old and have 35K miles.

Here's my Dinan spring install review:
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1621215
+1 100% ... also cool you did the spacer, havent heard of that.

the Dinan springs are remarkable. The rear are much tighter, yet our OEM shocks still get some turbulence over bumps. Drove my friends car with coil overs and it drives over bumps like butter, unphased. Our car still has a slight bouncing , even after the springs but a great improvement none the less. Have to take speed bumps slow when it gets to the rear. fronts are improved but not as much, such stiffness isnt needed there.

Called Dinan about the shock absorber flash. They said they will not be developing a tune for our shocks, as they already come maxed out from factory. ALL other series cars have a tune available from dinan to increase shock stiffness by ~15%. Apparently, we (M235/M240) already have that.
Appreciate 0