08-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #16
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
If the glass does not say BMW it’s not. My insurance company told me I was getting Infiniti one glass. I said fine. It was done at the “glass shop”. Got it back without Nissan or Infiniti on the glass and it was re done. Seems the glass shop charged for OEM for delivered equal spec to OEM. I didn’t accept the car back. Called insurance and it was a big deal with the shop owner. I actually took out my phone to start to tape his tirade and it put a stop to it. He said if something does not work I’ll take care of it. I said I just want OEM so I don’t have to worry about safety issues we won’t know about until it’s too late or lease return issues on non factory glass.

Next I video taped the exterior of my car and got it back 2 days later. I was offered a rental from my insurance Geico but declined. I had another car to use.

I bet they get away with it a the time.
Good job!

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0