09-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #4539
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I wouldn't say she is a gold digger just yet, there are a number of reasons someone can become attached quickly. Previous relationship treatment has a lot to do with it. Is she divorced, widowed, etc? If she is a single mom there is more to the story. Is the father in the picture, was it messy? It's entirely possible she has been treated like shit previously, and now with 2 kids she recognizes the benefit of being with a respectable guy like yourself.

I'm 29, and my issue on dating sites is that most of the women who want to date me are single moms. Some of them very attractive, but I just don't want that baggage just yet. My thinking is that in this stage of their life they are done dealing with all the assholes, and someone who is financially responsible and a genuine person is attractive to them now that life has smacked them in the face with reality.
She's divorced, and it was amicable I believe as they share custody of the boys and it seems to work well, but the marriage was not good so yes - there's probably a good deal of recognizing a respectful guy. She has dated since her divorce though, so I'm not the first - don't know much about those however.

I get you about baggage. I didn't want to date anyone with children either - they are at her place all week except Thursday and every other weekend I believe, and that doesn't help - we can't just be spontaneous - everything has to be planned around kids. I've been single most of my life and been free to do whatever whenever - not enjoying the being unable to do what we want to do.
Appreciate 0