MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Both the front and rear subframes are located with TWO pins. It is not moving anywhere. I do 1000 alignments a year on these cars exclusively.
I agree with what you're saying. Though when I did the rear subframe bushings, I noticed that there's a good couple of mm of slack between the bushings and alignment pins, though probably not as much as 1/8"... Do you ever try to centralise the subframe within that region of slack, or would you just bolt it up and call it done?

Also what's your take on loading/ride height while setting geo? Is that something you do on every car?
We use ride height sensors at all four corners. The alignment machine compensates for the difference in ride height in the target specifications. That means no loading required. It will usually call for different specs at all four wheels because of that. Even a difference of 1 mm in ride height will change the camber spec.

As for the subframes, it is bolt it up and send it to the rack. If you loosen off the subframe bolts and try shifting the subframe, nothing happens. So there is no point.
Appreciate 1
e90yyc2426.50