View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 (G30) 550xi

My MY 2021 M550ix Build & Performance Center Delivery

I just received my new production number for my MY 2021 M550i, and thought I'd start this thread to document the production and transport, then performance center delivery for anyone that's interested, particularly as BMW restarts production.

My advisor told me that his dealership group lost more than 200 vehicle build allocations overall, and that BMW's plan is to finish vehicles in production, then work all sold orders prior to producing cars for inventory.

I ordered the car back in February, and it was supposed to be a MY 2020 with a production start in roughly mid-April.

The options post LCI don't track exactly with the MY 2020 options, and right now BMW appears to be updating the system to ensure that my car will have all the options I ordered. I'm staying in touch with my client advisor and he's working to get me all the information he has available.

I'm looking forward to some of the new standard features - ceramic controls (a $600 option in MY 2020), LED lights, the Android Auto compatibility (new), the larger center display (12.2 vice 10ish), the drive recorder (new - looking forward to the tech docs on this to understand what BMW is doing with the information), and best of all - remote engine start!

My build should (why I say 'should' later on) include the following options:

Black Sapphire Metallic paint
Black Nappa Leather w/contrast stitching
Driving assistance plus package
Parking assistance package
Premium package
Executive package
Heated steering wheel
Front massaging seats
Front ventilated seats
Front and rear heated seats
Grey Poplar wood trim
Rear seat entertainment professional*
Night vision w/pedestrian detection*
Soft close automatic doors*

The three items tagged with the asterisk (*) are not showing up in my build yet in the My Garage area of the MyBMW website. My client advisor is aware of this and is working the issue.

The options in MY 2020 don't exactly track with the options listed in the LCI press release issued Tuesday night, so as the LCI roll-out continues and is firmed up, these three discrepancies will get rectified (one way or the other).

So the process is started, and let's see how it plays out.
Attached Images

Tom

2003 E65 745i | 2011 F10 550i | 2021 G30 M550xi
Appreciate 2
bastula183.00