View Single Post
      05-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #19
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Unless the C2S (face-lift) can improve it's lap times by a decent percentage then the R8 will still own it on the track and off it. The only area where I see the C2S beating the R8 is on outright acceleration and that even without DSG.

The Audi is a superior product in my eyes in every way, it's looks are in a different class, as is it's interior design, the fact that it's mid-engined places it in a more exciting sector and then there is the balance from it's chassis. Sure the C2S is a great car but it's no R8.

It impossible to discuss price on the net because each country prices each car differently, here BMWs are dearer than Audis but the opposite is true in the US. Best discuss the merits of each and then work out in your own mind whether you are willing to pay the sticker price.
Considering the C2S is now (in the US) going to have an LSD available and a -20 mm sport suspension along with DSG I would say the R8 is going to have its hands full.

It isn't impossible to discuss price, where is the 911S priced higher than the R8? And I can go to a Porsche dealer and get a 911, I can't go get an R8 because of the production. I had a deposit down for the R8 for a while and Newport Audi never ended up paying what Audi required to become an R8 dealer. Suffice it to say, getting an R8 for anywhere near the cost of a 911 today is impossible.
Appreciate 0