View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 03:50 AM   #19
regomellor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 640 xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
for the price we paid for our cars we should be fine in paying a bit of money for some really awesome speakers and power.. I would run the helix up7 match plug and play amp. but I would go with, unquestionable, the best mids and tweeters made today, and those are the AudioFrog tweets and mids. No engineer in the world has more working knowledge on BMW and speakers as Andy the owner of A.F. as he worked for JBL for yrs building and designing speakers. HE KNOWS OUR CARS!!!! and the tech support is better than any other company. They are a bit more than the bavs but the sound quality is night and day, even over the b/o speakers.. AND the tweets will need to be slightly modified to work.. NO biggie for a good shop tho.. I can ususally get them in the a pillars stock locations for a good price, 4s just drop in, underseat 8s are a great midbass, leave them alone... don't worry about the back speakers as you don't sit back there, get a 10 moulded into the rear of the trunk and voila,, music nirvana
Hello, could you explain a bit more?.
You recommend to change the tweeters (wich model?), that need some modification (adaptation or modification to fit? What modification?). Then 4s (wich ones?) that fit straight? Where?. And finally 8s (wich ones?), instead of stock subwoofers?.
Sorry, my not so good english doesn't help.
Thanks
Appreciate 0