View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #195
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Revisiting this thread after almost exactly responding to it 1 year ago. A few things have changed since then:

1) I have picked a 2016 Tundra as my daily. Love it so far, and it's a truck I plan to keep forever. It's so nice to be able to work on the house when you can haul supplies with the truck, not that it happens often.

2) I've never bought a car new personally, and when I buy them, I tend to keep them for a long time. Recently, I don't even sell them and now at 4 cars total. I'm getting to the point where not many new cars do it for me. Whether you're talking about maintenance, repair costs, how much more expensive cars are ect... It just makes me realize that cars from the late 90s to early 2010s are the best ones for me.

3) I also think Covid has changed my perspective on a lot of things. While I do consider myself a car enthusiast and always will be (also work in the automotive industry), I realize that there are more important things than cars. I miss traveling, and when things clear up, I'd much rather be spending more on that than car payments. With all the uncertainty going on, I find myself looking at new car reviews less and less. Just not as relevant to me as it used to be.

Having said that, if I had to pick a car experience to try out, I've been interested in super old luxury cars. Things like a Bently Arnage T, which can be had for the price of a new X1 these days haha. I think something like that is way cooler than the newest and greatest thing.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
CSBM52756.00