View Single Post
      05-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbreese View Post
Not that I care about the color anymore because it is a done deal for me (my car was delivered 3/29), but I have to respectfully disagree with Laszlo and anyone else who sees eggplant. Graphite is by far the best color as it shows off the the curves and contours while hiding some of the fussy details like the bottom of the rear bumper. I NEVER see eggplant and it is the one thing that drives me nuts about this site because it created undo angst for me waiting for the car to arrive. Although anyone is entitled to their opinion, IMHO the propogation of the eggplant reference should stop. The best I can figure is people may be seeing this with the sky reflecting on the car,

Thanks,

Dan
Sorry man, but you are dead wrong. Everyone that mentions eggplant references are right on the mark. On shadey days or in the night, it looks great. The moment the sun or any strong direct lightsource hits the hood you get the eggplant effect. Its very clear, and quite common in any area with alot of sunshine. Here in texas, if you got a Sparkling Graphite car you'd see it 80% of the time during the day.

Without the eggplant effect sparkling graphite would of been a dynamite color, its a shame.

Edit* You can even see it in the pictures above, if your looking for it.