09-07-2020, 10:53 AM   #7770
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
We've got pretty much every Sonos product (1,3,5,move beam, playbar, arc) through our house and the Beam (3 of them) is the one I'm least fond of. They're okay for grouping for whole house music but like you said, it's just okay for tv. We recently upgraded our Playbar surround on our main tv to the new Arc and used the existing sub and 1's . As good as I thought it was before, it's that much better now. If it's your main tv, I'd just go full on Arc surround system and be done with it, if you plan on sticking with Sonos for its ease.
Good feedback, thanks.

I was thinking about the Arc too but aside from price, the other thing that pushed me to the Beam was availability. The Arc was out of stock a couple of places I checked (including Amazon) and being a vacation place, we aren’t here that much so was looking for “overall simple“ inclusive of procurement.

Jury still out on the Beam. We have only the Beam bar with no surround or sub. While it is the main (actually only right now) TV, we don’t plan to watch tons of TV here once the pandemic passes. We have only one more trip here planned for 2020. I might stick with it and repurpose it later to bedroom or bring home to FL for home office if we get something else.
wrickem2124.50
P111593.00