View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
BOTUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

I believe you can get most stuff to work...

but if you want BMW happy so they can ever update any software without the car crashing during programming, you have to pay for the FSC codes. With modern cars so full of buggy joke software having a 30k car that can't be updated isn't really viable anymore

And the point about not ever wanting to support this because its been done with fake parts I can see will be a huge issue

and as I was reading and wrote about on another forum.... subversives may have noticed BMW have been plotting a nice little other revenue stream to catch out the freebie merchants. Many cars can have toys enabled for free these days... I believe Car play, DAB, Bluetooth and Sat Nav are inside any BM head unit on the modern stuff, it just doesn't show up in the menus?

Read the release notes for the dealer diagnostics however and BMW have secretly been trying to get their new anti theft / anti tamper / anti addon software to behave. I think its cost them more so far, as some models are still crashing when updating (especially the G30 hifi). Its been going on for more than 18 months now and no sign of them sorting it out... The gist is any retrofit of a second hand head unit will cause the replacement to self destruct and its the same with any non legitimate toy enabling.

With premium cars still coming in at poverty spec and so many coding heroes out there, there should be plenty of owners getting an update that kills the in car hifi that BMW should be making billions once the diagnostics can tell the hooky ones from the legit cars needing a dieselgate fix
Appreciate 0