01-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #84
pepsih
Captain
Rep
Drives: f02, e24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Thank you!

For the short time I had the F06, it was great. Like yours, it had a lot of toys and was such a nice and luxurious place to sit. The engine was great, plenty of power and after a stage 1 tune it was more enjoyable to drive. Prior to the F06 I had a F30 335d xDrive. The thing I found with that was I found it quite cramped in the cabin (coming from an F10 before but at the time I wanted a 35d engine and the F10 535d was out of my budget). With the F06, I missed having xDrive as it sometimes struggled to put the power down and was a bit of a handful.

Fast forward to now and I feel that the G30 was the car I should of bought instead of the F06. When the F06 went into the dealer for a service and I saw this 540i - it felt like this is the car for me! Got talking to the salesman and I was given an offer that I couldn't say no to. Of course I took a little hit, but even after 11 months and 8,000 miles I put on it, I was happy with what I was given for a part ex. I don't regret my decision and I still have a smile on my face every time I get in the car.

The 6 series is a great car but I don't think I gelled with it as much as I thought I would.

Interesting!

in my case I really miss the RWD, i had an e90 335i rwd loved it!
when it comes to the performance i feel liek the 540i will be good enough, maybe a tune....
but could you please describe more the driving? comfort? how quiet is the interior compare to the F06 ( I ABSOLUTELY LOVED how soundproof was the 640), i didn't mind the fact that the car was so big, so i guess the g30 would be even better driver oriented.
i'm actually thinking about getting a m6 f06 but i've kinda had enough of the interior lol
Appreciate 0