LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-M007 View Post
I just checked BMWUSA's website and the HK is now removed from the X5. Also, they removed the auto engine start off button from the 530 and the 540 models. I never liked it, but now you just have to deal with it everytime you stop.

The HK system is not as good as used to be. They dropped the sound to 464 Watts Per Channel from 600. Not comparing cars, but Honda Accord and Toyota Camry their sound system is at 600 Watts Per Channel now. Lexus has bumped it to 1600.

I think more people need to go on to Facebook and Twitter and write their complaints on BMW USA, BMW, and BMW NA accounts.

I agree with you... for a $60K+ car HK should be standard. With prices going up and with less options, you almost to want to a BMW anymore.
Yeah the HK system in my MY2020 is underwhelming compared to my Mercedes I replaced and I don't remember it being lackluster on my test drive of a 2019 before I ordered my MY2020 (no 2020 models were on the lot at the time).

BMW is making some VERY poor choices lately. And even more problematic is they are lying a lot to consumers. The HK system in my MY2020 was advertised as being 1600W like previous model years. We've only just learned that they gimped it. They did the same with RSU for MY2020.

It all seems small potatoes. Perhaps their views are "well most people lease so they won't notice or care", but I didn't do that. It leaves me with an extremely sour taste in my mouth having spent $70K. And all of this is making it REALLY hard for me to consider buying another BMW.
Appreciate 0