Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
I'm pretty sure the wheels are not the issue I get that the 20 inch alloys with low profile tyres will feel more road feedback and have experienced this in high performance cars but this random wobble is nothing to do with the road as happens even in park and on fresh laid perfect tarmac.
Not much rotating in Park... I'd be back to how smooth the idle. Is the engine stumbling, even if no discernible misfire?
That is a really good point and I had thought it through but open to more input.

My view was...

If there is no rotation in park with engine on but the shake is happening it could be a misfire or coil issue but the engine is not exhibiting any symptoms apart from some black build up on the exhaust tips that seems to have come back very quickly.

So I though as the engine is running and from my revving test it kicks to the right on those soft mounts very easily when in park so if the mounts(engine or gearbox) are bad then it could be twisting slightly as it idles back and forth randomly when cold.

The wobble in park feels like a softer version of the wobble I get when I rev the engine.

QUOTE=HighlandPete;27314158]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
I'm pretty sure the wheels are not the issue I get that the 20 inch alloys with low profile tyres will feel more road feedback and have experienced this in high performance cars but this random wobble is nothing to do with the road as happens even in park and on fresh laid perfect tarmac.
Not much rotating in Park... I'd be back to how smooth the idle. Is the engine stumbling, even if no discernible misfire?[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0