03-29-2021, 08:51 PM   #2
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
I'm curious if anyone here has purchased the Dinan lowering springs for the M550 I and has thoughts and observations??

I just picked up my car it's a 2018 everything is OEM it has the 20 inch 668M wheels. Honestly the way it is right now I'm completely satisfied but One of my only minor criticisms is during moderately hard cornering I can feel body roll and I would suspect that with slight suspension upgrades that could be greatly reduced at the car with a corner much much flatter.

But I love the way the car rides in sport mode and I don't want to mess up the comfort aspect of the car so I'm very reluctant to mess with what BMW set up from the factory.

Has anyone here installed the lowering springs from Dinan? I'm curious as to how it rides both in comfort mode and in sport mode?

From past experience in other vehicles I know that lowering the car can place additional stress on the dampers and result in excessive wear back in the days when I was driving around in lowered Hondas and Acuras as soon as you put lowering springs on the stock shocks it seems like not too far off in the future the shocks would wear out and eat before 's to do a shock upgrade....

I am sure that replacing OEM suspension on this car is not cheap. So if it's going to wear out my shocks or damage them I am going to pass.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions ??
I'm also interested to know. Thank you for posting this.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0