Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yep! Typing on our mobile computers while driving - especially Code 3 driving - can be quite distracting, as can working the radio (...as in, the radio that communicates with dispatch, etc.), coordinating calls, navigating your partners, etc. I agree with the above poster that mentioned limiting distractions. It's at the point now where my department is beginning to come down on us for using the mobile computer while driving (...acquired and confirmed via body worn camera footage). I don't think there's a way around it because the patrol car is the office and multitasking while driving is the name of the game.
Responding to a Hot Shot and trying to read details on the workstation, talk on the radio and not spill your fresh coffee, watching for folks that seem to have no idea when they see and hear the lights and sirens, clear intersection.....good times.

I got into an "unofficial" pursuit yesterday with a motorist who decided my patrol car's position (...with lights activated and blocking multiple lanes of traffic) didn't apply to him and he didn't need to yield, and felt inclined to drive over a raised concrete median to circumvent me. I conducted a traffic stop and he yielded; I was seconds away from putting it out over dispatch that I was in pursuit of a reckless DUI. Not surprisingly, he was intoxicated, had no license/insurance (..only a Matricular card) and he had just committed a misdemeanor hit & run and fled the scene. The victims were in pursuit of him when they observed me initiate a chase. He's toast!.....and I took his truck.
What a moron

Did you have to pull the burner on him lol?
Appreciate 0